Thank you for presenting at the 10th Australasian Newborn Hearing Screening Conference.
PRESENTATION UPLOAD – ONLINE FOLDER
Please check the online program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your presentation. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish your presentations on time.
BEFORE THE SESSION
- Please load your presentation files to the online folder prior to arriving at the conference, ideally by COB Monday 11 March 2019.
- Files should be named with the day, session and time of your presentation (Day_Session_Time).
- As a backup, bring your presentation files on a USB to the conference with you and Embed any content such as audio or video – don’t link to external files!
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program. (Visit the A/V Technicians on arrival to discuss with the technician)
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are prepared in Widescreen (16:9 aspect) format as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venue’s screens
- Abstracts will be available on the conference website.
- Please go to the session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair (their name will be noted in the program), AV technician and familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual setup.
- The conference will seek your consent to post your presentation slides to the conference website following the event, you will receive an email following the conference with a link which will allow you indicate your consent online.
DURING THE SESSION
- Please go to your room 15 minutes prior to the commencement of your session to meet the session chair and familiarise yourself with the room
- Please be seated in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- There will be an AV technician in the room who will assist you and trouble shoot technical issues in the unlikely event these arise
- During your presentation, please keep a close eye on the time. The length of your presentation is noted in the program. Your allocated session length includes time for questions.
- The session chair will flash time cards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your session
- At the end of your allocated time the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately
- We do not want to embarrass you, however the session chair has been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time
- The chair will only be able to field questions if you have finished in time
If you have any queries please direct these to the registration desk during the conference or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).