EPOSTER HINT AND TIPS
Refer to the tips and ideas slide if you need a visual example of an ePoster
Use this template to prepare your ePoster slide
Upload your ePoster slide by COB Friday 8 March
|1||Is brain development with respect to auditory pathways faster in utero or outside utero?||Dr Henrica (Irma) Van Straaten||ePoster PDF|
|2||Eighteen year quality assurance of newborn hearing screening in Dutch neonatal intensive care units||Dr Henrica (Irma) Van Straaten||ePoster PDF|
|3||Implementation of an audiology-led paediatric clinic, combating lengthy ENT waiting times; outcomes from the Gold Coast University Hospital ENT-Allied Health Primary Contact Service.||Mrs Jennifer Eakin||ePoster PDF|
|4||Beyond Unilateral Hearing Loss (UHL) Diagnoses and Parental Grief||Mrs Lara Shur||ePoster PDF|
|5||Newborn Hearing Screening training and competencies: a dedicated and effective approach||Mrs Lara Shur||ePoster PDF|
|6||Can a partnership really work?||Mrs Suzie Costello||ePoster PDF|
|7||Keeping staff connected 700km apart||Mrs Helen Burton||ePoster PDF|
|8||Family Violence is a health issue: UNHS response to family violence in Victoria.||Ms Julie Castro||ePoster PDF|
Interactive electronic posters (ePosters) provide an opportunity for authors to present information that may not be possible to convey with a traditional printed poster. ePosters enhance visualization to attract interest of attendees through the use of videos and other embedded media.
Electronic posters will be prepared in PowerPoint (1 slide 16:9) and displayed during the conference on large flat screen monitors in the trade display areas.
ePoster slides will rotate automatically and each will be shown for approximately one minute duration at a time. Delegates will be able to navigate to specific posters from a main menu and pause individual posters to view them in more detail and access embedded content.
A static screen will also be available where users can navigate through ePosters at their leisure.
A PDF version of ePosters will be included on the conference website.
Preparing your ePoster Presentation
Electronic Poster Template
- All posters will have the control bar. There is no specific criteria for the layout within the white space – use it as you wish.
Formatting guidelines and suggestions
- Make your poster clear and clean, avoid unnecessary clutter and “special effects” that do not add value.
- Keep the background simple and subtle; use a light coloured background for the main slide body.
- Do not use WordArt, reflections, drop shadows, 3D, semi-transparent fills or textured backgrounds; they are unpredictable and are not necessary.
- For consistency amongst the ePosters, we suggest presenters only use Verdana font for your text. Verdana is universal and will transfer correctly when combine your ePoster into the scrolling presentation.
- We suggest you include contact details for delegates who want to discuss your poster further.
- The screen aspect ratio will be 16:9 and the template slide is already set up as a 16:9 slide.
- Your ePoster should be a single PowerPoint slide.
- Refer to the tips and ideas slide if you need a visual example of an ePoster.
- All video and audio files must be embedded in your slide. As you will only be sending a single PowerPoint slide file, do not have links to any external media files.
- All videos, audio and animations should be set to auto play. We suggest you only embed one video or audio file and use animation sparingly.
- Authors are asked to limit the duration of media files to 2 minutes or less.
Specifications of the equipment provided for Electronic Posters
- Laptop: OS: Windows and Office 2016
- Digital Display Monitor: 40″ LCD TV (or similar)
- Orientation: Landscape
- PowerPoint Version: Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows 365
- Internet: A wireless internet connection will be provided to all screens.
- Main screens will rotate through all ePosters automatically. A static screen will also be available where users can navigate through ePosters at their leisure.